WP-Backgrounds II – Add fullscreen backgrounds to your wordpress website
This plugin enables you to add fullscreen background image slideshows, html5 video slideshows and youtube video backgrounds to your wordpress posts, pages & custom post types.
1) Feature overview:
- Add fullscreen background image slideshows, html5 video slideshows and youtube video backgrounds/slideshows to your posts, pages & custom post types.
- All background types (except the Supersized backgrouns slider) have a fluid layout and they scale with the screen size. They are fully responsive and can be used in combination with modern responsive wordpress themes.
- You can a different background for each post, page and custom post type.
- Set background images/videos for categories and taxonomies/terms.
- Apply a category, term/taxonomy background to post, page and custom post types.
- Set background images for the home, front, search, author, 404, archive, login page and a fallback background option.
- Each author can use/set an individual background on the author page.
- Backgrounds are stored as custom post type and you can reuse them as often as you like.
- Set as many images/videos as you like – they'll be displayed as a background slideshow.
- Compatible with all modern browsers like IE7, IE8, IE9, Firefox, Opera, Safari, Chrome and other modern browsers.
- Can be used with nearly every theme – premium and free ones. For the most themes it works out of the box (i.e. for TwentyTen or boxed themes). We can assist you with css changes if the are required. Some z-index, container and background color options help you to adjust the background layer and color via admin panel.
- Fully translatable – the plugin uses PO/MO files for the translation. German translation already included, more to come.
2) Background Types:
- Supersized for fullscreen images and slideshows
- HTML5 image slider for responsive fullscreen image backgrounds
- Youtube/HTML5 video background – use your favorite youtube or html5 videos as fullscreen background
- CSS-Background – add standard css background rules (image, color, etc.) to your post, page, custom post type.
- KenBurns and other effects background slider (fullscreen images and slideshows).
A complete list of all features can be found here: WP-Backgrounds II feature list. Please also read the “Limitations/Restriction” section at the bottom of the WP-Backgrounds II feature list.
Will I still be able to use the plugin after my license expires?
Yes. After you license expires our plugin will work the same as it always has. You just won't be able to download updates of the plugin or access our support services.
Can I upgrade my license (i.e. single instance license to three instances license)?
It's also possible to upgrade your license after you've purchased WP-Backgrounds II if you need more instances after some time. If you want to use it on After you've purchased the plugin you'll get an email with contains a download link to the plugin files and the serial key which is required to activate the plugin. The download link always redirects you to the latest plugin version.
To install the plugin just upload the zip file by using the standard wordpress plugin installer or uncompress the zip file and upload the plugin folder into the wp-content/plugins folder by using ftp tools like Filezilla. The plugin comes with an extensive documentation.
Don't forget to visit the live preview page: Demo
Note: We decided to temporarily close our shop because we have other priorities at the moment (client work, customization) and we wouldn't be able to provide top notch support. We also stopped selling WP-Backgrounds II for now.